Thursday, May 12, 2016

TED Talk #15: Inside the Mind of a Master Procrastinator

I'll admit it. I'm a procrastinator.
Not on purpose, of course, but I often find my mind wondering in multiple directions and have trouble settling down to complete tasks.

Image result for tim urban the mind of a procrastinator
I stall.
I delay.
I procrastinate.
You may even notice that I've waited until 10:00 pm, the night before I need it, to post tomorrow's TED Talk blog post.

Truth be told, it's no accident that I chose this TED Talk on the eve of a big deadline in English class.  Many of you will be up late tomorrow trying to get your writing piece rough draft in before the deadline.  I get that.  I've lived that.  Believe me, fellow procrastinators, I feel your pain, but it doesn't have to be that way.

Today's TED talk is focused on that nasty habit of procrastination.


Tim Urban knows that procrastination doesn't make sense, but he's never been able to shake his habit of waiting until the last minute to get things done. In this hilarious and insightful talk, Urban takes us on a journey through YouTube binges, Wikipedia rabbit holes and bouts of staring out the window — and encourages us to think harder about what we're really procrastinating on, before we run out of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment